Here’s a bunch of documents and links that you will find useful.
- Running your duplicate with a Howell Movement
- What to do when you need a substitute player
- BBO Tournament Formats
Useful phrases to cut and paste (these are just suggestions, no need to use them all)
Before the game
- 5 minutes until game time… is your partner online ?
- About to start…
When the game starts and during the game
- We’re playing an 8 x 3 board Howell today – good luck and enjoy !
- Please welcome your opponents at the start of each round and state your basic system and carding
- A quick reminder that you must alert your bids on BBO – just like you would at the club
- If you can, please make a claim – there is no need to play out the hand to the last trick
- Please make sure you keep an eye on the clock in the corner – once that clock reaches zero the system will automatically move you to the next round
- Just waiting on a couple of tables, then we’ll move for the next round
- Looks like we’ve reached the half way stage of the game
- About to move for the last round – thank-you for playing – results coming soon via email as well as on our website. Hope to see you again soon.
- That’s it – we’ve made it to the last round – thank-you playing – results coming soon via email. Hope to see you again soon..
- (At a table that is holding up the move.) Please make a claim if you can